Need a Tow? Call 0800 777 875
Stranded? Safety First!
If you find yourself in a situation where you are stranded on the side of the road and require vehicle towing, please be sure to take note of our safety tips until we can rescue you.
- Remain calm.
- If possible, move your car to the side of the road. We don’t need to be able to get our truck in front of you, we can access your vehicle from the side.
- Put your hazard lights on.
- Take assistance from a passerby if required.
- If you have a safety triangle rolling around in your boot, please take it out and place it on the side of the road where it is visible to passing traffic.
- If you feel it is unsafe to sit in your vehicle (i.e. if your vehicle is not stopped in a safe, visible place), please do not remain in your vehicle. Move away to a safer position away from passing traffic.
- If you are remaining in your vehicle, please keep your safety belt on.
- You can remove your possessions when we have moved your vehicle to a safer destination. The will be fine in your vehicle while being transported. If you are not travelling with your driver, your possessions can remain in your vehicle in our secure yard.
- DON’T FORGET, call us asap to we can get you moving ag
Have You been in an Accident?
Stay calm and follow these basic steps.
- If you have been in an accident, first and foremost, check that everyone involved is ok and move to a safer area.
- Call 111 if someone has been hurt or if you suspect someone has been hurt. We would suggest that the police are called in any instance, as keeping traffic flowing safely will be essential. You will be required to stay on the line, so have a second person or phone to call us.
- Even if your vehicle is blocking traffic, leave it where it is, particularly if there is uncertainty about what happened in the accident.
We know it is often a time of panic and anger when you are stuck with a broken down vehicle. Here’s a couple of things to have handy when you call us for vehicle towing:
- Your location. If you are not sure of your exact location, check for landmarks around you or you can say something like “I am about five-minutes north of the milk factory heading to Timbuctoo”.
- A contact number for our drivers to call you on.